- Rome II !!
- Posted by Terikel Grayhair on July 03rd, 2012 @ 02:50 a.m.
- The Creative Assembly and SEGA have announced the title of their next Total war game: Rome II. The fervently-desired and long-awaited sequel to one of the most popular pc games ever is finally going to happen.
The release date is somewhere toward the second half of 2013.
TWH has a forum dedicated to this new game. It can be found here. Feel free to drop by and pitch in your two cent's worth as well.
- GamersGate Total War Weekend
- Posted by Scipii on June 23rd, 2012 @ 04:14 a.m.
- For this weekend only GamersGate is having a sale on everything Total War, from the original Shogun: Total War through to Total War: Shogun 2. For just under $25 (location and currency dependent) you can buy the Total War bundle and receive every almost every game released to date, though sadly Medieval: Total War and Total War: Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai missing in action. Meanwhile you can save anywhere between 25% through to 75% off on individual Total War games and Total War: Shogun 2 DLC.
So head over to GamersGate and grab yourself a bargain while you can during Total War Weekend.
- Pre-order Exclusives Released As New DLC
- Posted by Scipii on June 18th, 2012 @ 11:46 p.m.
- Remember those retailer exclusive bonus historical regiments you could get from pre-ordering or buying Napoleon: Total War from Retail stores or Steam? Well now those previously exclusive bonus historical regiments have been released as DLC for Napoleon: Total War on Steam.
Owners of the Steam exclusive Imperial Edition can now acquire the previously retail exclusive Imperial Eagle pack here. While owners of the boxed retail edition can now acquire the previously Steam exclusive Heroes of the Napoleonic Wars pack here. These previously exclusive bonus historical regiments can be used in both singleplayer and multiplayer.
- Napoleon: Total War Free Weekend & Sale
- Posted by Scipii on June 15th, 2012 @ 12:07 a.m.
- Are you new to the Total War franchise and eager to see what all the fuss is about? Or are an existing Total War fan and curious to see what Napoleon: Total War has to offer? Well on Steam this weekend, until Sunday 1:00pm PST, you can download and play Napoleon: Total War for free, with unrestricted access to all of Napoleon: Total War's features.
As an added bonus, until Monday 10:00am PST, this weekend you save 50% if you purchase Napoleon: Total War on Steam.
- Moving on
- Posted by Hussarknight on May 19th, 2012 @ 06:39 a.m.
- Dear all,
Just over six years ago, I first stumbled across HG, looking for info on Rome: Total War, but somehow ending up at Age of Kings Heaven, where I joined the network and made my first post. A year or so later I actually got RTW and slowly moved from AoKH to RTWH. Another year or so later, in 2008, Colin (then seraph of RTWH with yak) asked me to join the staff team which I of course was happy to. Initially I worked on articles for RTWH, where I later became seraph. I also helped setting up sites for Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 of which I'm the seraph at this moment.
The journey described above took six years, years which I've thoroughly enjoyed. I've had my ups and downs during that time, becoming more and less and more and less active as time went by. As you will have noticed, my activity during the past few months has been at a very low level. The simple reason for this is I've changed during the last 6 years, and I no longer enjoy patrolling the forums and writing articles as much I used to. My studies have also become more time and energy demanding, and since I've quit swimming I'm enjoying the fun parts of student life more and more. Additionally, last month I got confirmation that I can spent the Autumn semester studying at a university in Sweden.
As you can imagine, preparations for this will take up more of my time. This, for me, has been the straw that breaks the camel's back: I cannot reasonably expect to have time for and interest in becoming more active at HG again in the foreseeable future. Therefore I have decided to resign my position at HG. The network has been a part of my life for years, but at this point I think it's best for myself and HG if I step back.
My time at HG has come to an end, but a great time it was. For all the good times I've had, I owe a big thank you to the entire community. Your forum posts and e-mails, your critiques and comments, your hints and tips, your jokes and quirks are what's given color to my time at HG, and have made it into a great, great time. Thanks for everything you've shown me, thanks for everything you've taught me, thanks for everything.
If you have any thoughts you'd like to share, feel free to do so in this thread.
- Total War: Pacman
- Posted by Hussarknight on October 30th, 2011 @ 1:51 p.m.
- Every year on Halloween, weird forum skins pop up at random all over HG. This year, TWH has been hit by an extra festive blue-and-black pacman skin with ghosts roaming around. Enjoy while it lasts!
- TWH spies report new lands waiting to be conquered!
- Posted by Hussarknight on October 23rd, 2011 @ 05:11 a.m.
- After due extensive deliberation on the part of Total War Heaven staff (okay no, actually it was more of a spur of the moment thing), it has been decided that the mighty Total War Heaven community must move in search of new realms to conquer. Scanning the internet-cosmos for stray rebel provinces which we might have overlooked, our spies discovered an entire faction which we had not hitherto recognised - the Kingdom of Social-Networking.
As such, it has been decided to launch a two-pronged attack on this rival empire. We are deploying two full stacks in their territory, and we are confident that victory will soon be ours!
So what are you waiting for, soldier?! Grab your matchlock/pilum/lance/battleaxe/[insert weapon of choice here], and head over to our brand new facebook page and twitter account to keep up to date with this grand campaign!
- Changing of the Great Guard
- Posted by Hussarknight on September 29th, 2011 @ 08:07 a.m.
- Some big changes are happening at Heavengames. Due to various reasons and other commitments, the previous EXCO has decided to step down and make room for a new team to take charge of HG.
So thanks to the old team, for all the effort and time they've put in, and welcome to the new team, General_II, Shanks13 and Terikel Grayhair, who will be our new helmsmen.
Quoted from HG Main:
The prior EXCO comprised of Zen, Soccy, Jay, and Yeeb has disbanded and a new EXCO comprised of General_II, Shanks13, and Terikel Grayhair has been formed.
The trio had a meeting on September 25th, during which an outline of key issues was agreed upon, a direction for HG was decided upon, and a plan to reform HG's management system is being put into motion.
Our direction is defined by this mission statement: Heaven Games builds content-rich creative communities with which gamers can enrich their gaming experiences.
Management is being reformed by realizing that HG is not, and never will be, a traditional business. All who work for HG do so as volunteers who work out of enjoyment and pride in what they produce. This will continue, but there must be a level of volunteers at HG who can be relied upon to keep HG not only running, but improving, and this level of commitment exceeds that encompassed by volunteer work for enjoyment. Consequently, the new EXCO is investigating forming an expanded guidance council responsible for helping the EXCO make informed decisions. Activity and presence will be expected from these staff members, and there will be rules in place to prevent inactivity from derailing efforts to move forward.
Finally, the mentioned outline is still in the process of being written and made functional. You may expect some form of an outline of HG's goals, challenges, and considerations in the future.
- Total War sale on Steam
- Posted by Hussarknight on September 23rd, 2011 @ 04:26 a.m.
- This weekend only, SEGA is having a sale of their games on Steam, including the entire Total War franchise! Shogun 2 is 50% off, while the Total War Mega Pack including all games and DLC released before Shogun 2 has a 66% reduced price. A good chance to fill the holes in your Total War collection, so grab it while it's hot!
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War Mega Pack
- CA working on "Total War game away from PC"
- Posted by Hussarknight on June 30th, 2011 @ 06:16 a.m.
- develop-online.net has posted on their blog an interview with Tim Heaton, CA's studio director. It's mostly his views on the recent history of CA, but there's one sentence which is much more interesting than that:
We’re also looking at new opportunities on all the possible platforms, and already have a team working on a Total War game away from PC.So, a Total War game that's not on the PC could mean it's moving to other platforms as well. In December Kevin McDowell, CA's lead artist, said they knew how to make TW work on consoles, but that the question was whether it would sell:
"We have actually solved the problem with controlling Total War games using a control pad anyway. So, big question is: what are they working on? Total War on console, portable devices, smartphones? Share your thoughts and speculations on the forums.
"In the past one of the artists actually coded up some experimental stuff just on his own time and was like, 'Oh that actually works really well,'" he revealed.
"But I think the biggest issue really is, would Total War sell on console? It's kind of difficult to answer that question without spending all that money."
"I mean you've talked about using joypads, we've also looked elsewhere, we're looking at everything including iPhones, online gaming as well. Just different ways of playing."